There are two methods you can use to automatically reply to incoming messages while out of the office.
Set up the Out of Office Assistant
- Go to the Mail view.
- In the folder list, click your Microsoft Exchange account.
Note: If you have more than one account, you must turn the Out of Office Assistant on or off for each account separately.
- Select Out of Office from the Tools menu.
- Select Send Out of Office messages.
- In the Reply to message with box, type the text that you want to include in your automatic reply.
- Expand More Options by clicking the black arrow and then do any of the following:
- To set start and end dates for an Out of Office message select the I am out of the office between check box, and then set your Start date and End date.
- To set options for replying outside your organization (if enabled by your Microsoft Exchange administrator) select the Send replies outside my company to check box, and set options as desired.
Set up a Mail Rule
- Select Rules from the Tools menu.
- Click the arrow next to New.
- Next to Rule name, type a name for the rule, such as Vacation response.
- In the If section, the default is to apply the rule to all messages. You can change this option and add criteria if you wish.
- Under the Add Action button, choose Reply from the first pull-down menu.
- Click Reply Text, type the automated reply that you want Entourage to send, and then click OK.
- Make sure that the Enabled check box is selected, and then click OK. Important: Because mail rules are run by Entourage and not the mail server, you must leave Entourage running for automatic reply messages to be sent.
- To turn off the automatic reply messages, select Rules from the Tools menu, and then clear the Enabled check box next to the rule.