These instructions are for Windows Vista.
Because your Exchange account has a maximum storage of 350 MB, we recommend you import your Thunderbird Local Folders into an Outlook personal folder. You will first need to create a personal folder in Outlook.
Prepare for folder conversion
- In Outlook, go to File\New and choose Outlook Data File.
- In the New Outlook Data File window, make sure Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst) is selected. Click OK.
- You will now create a new .pst file located on your hard drive.Type a name for the file (e.g. Thunderbird Imports) and click OK.
- In the next window, type the same name in the Name field. This name is what will appear in your folders list in Outlook . Click OK.
Convert your folders
- Open Transend Migrator.
- In the Transend Migrator License window click OK.
- In the Welcome screen choose Message Folders. Click Next.
- In the next window, choose Netscape/Mozilla under Convert From and Exchange/Outlook under Convert To. Click Next.
- Locate your Thunderbird Local Folders.
- If you know where your local folders are, click the Browse button and navigate to the location. Select the folder and click Open.
- If you do not know where your local folders are, search for Local Folders (from the Start menu or Windows menu), and make note of the path it displays in the Search results window. This is where you will need to browse to when you return to Transend Migrator.
The path to your Local Folders should look similar to the following:
- Click Next.
- In the Exchange/Outlook Information screen, click Browse and find the .pst file you created in the section Prepare for folder conversion above. Select the file, click Open, then click Next. (Again, if you can't find it, search for the .pst file from the Windows desktop and make note of the path).
- In the next window, select the folders you want to convert (i.e. Inbox, Outbox, Sent items, etc.). Hold the Ctrl key to make multiple selections. Click Next.
- In the Miscellaneous Options window, you can limit what message are converted by choosing from the options available. If you do not need to make any changes, you can leave all the default values. For example:
- Convert only messages with specific text within the body. Type the text in the field and choose In Text, In Attachments or Case Significant.
- Set maximum attachment size.
- Choose a date to convert items sent after a given date.
- In the Message Store pull-down menu, select Personal Folders.
- Click Start.
- You will see a Conversion Report. Click OK, then click Exit.
- In Outlook you should see a folder called Netscape Folders in the personal folder you created. This will contain your converted folders/messages.