If your department has a shared mailbox that you have been given access to, the following instructions guide you through how to add the shared mailbox to Entourage.
- From the File menu, choose Open Other User’s Folder.
- In the window that opens, search for the user by clicking the Find User icon, then type the AMS departmental code (for example, for Computing & Networking Services, you would type CNS) into the search field at the top and click Find.
- Select the name from the list below the search field and click Advanced.
Note: if you are using Entourage 2008 EWS, select the name from the list below the search field and click OK. Instead, proceed to step 5 below.
- The name and email address fields should contain the appropriate information. If they do not, enter it now.
In the Server address field, type: firstname.lastname@example.org (replacing email@example.com with the email address for the shared mailbox). Click OK.
- In the Open Other User's Folder window, choose Inbox from the Type pulldown menu and click OK.
- A folder with the mailbox name will appear in the mail folders list in the left of the Entourage window. It will initially appear as not connected, but, after a short interval, will connect and display the Inbox. If the Inbox is not visible, expand the folder by clicking the arrow beside it.