When you have multiple accounts configured in Outlook 2007 or 2010 (e.g. one or more Exchange accounts and one or more IMAP accounts), the sent mail from all accounts (Exchange, IMAP or POP) is always saved in the Sent Items folder in Exchange.
You can change your settings so that the sent items for your IMAP account get saved to a different folder.
- In Outlook 2007 go to the Tools menu, and choose Account Settings.
In Outlook 2010 go to the File tab, choose Info, then under Account Settings, choose Account Settings.
- Double-click the IMAP account in the list that appears.
- In the window that opens, click More Settings.
- Go to the Folders tab.
- Change Save sent mail in the Outlook Sent Items folder to Choose an existing folder or create a new folder to save your sent items for this account in and choose a folder from the list or create a new folder. Click OK.
- Repeat for any other IMAP accounts you have.