Note: You must be connected to the UofT wireless network if you want to print your documents wirelessly.
You can print wirelessly from your Mac to selected campus printers.
Configure a new printer:
- Click on the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- Click the Printers & Scanners icon.
- Click on the "+" icon on the bottom left side of the window to add a new printer. You may need to click the lock icon (bottom left corner) before the + sign is available
- In the Printer Browser window, select the IP icon at the top.
- For protocol, make sure LPD (Line Printer Daemon) is selecte.
- For address type: printhere.utoronto.ca
- Type in the Queue and Name of the printer you wish to add. The list is as follows:
Name Queue Duplexing Printable Instructions Athletic Centre Colour Printer AC-Colour yes Emmanuel Library B&W Printer EM-BW yes Engineering Library B&W Printer EN-BW yes Gerstein Library B&W Printers GE-BW yes Gerstein Library Colour Printer GE-Colour no Graham Library B&W Printer GR-BW yes Graham Library Colour Printer GR-Colour no iSchool Inforum B&W Printer IS-BW yes iSchool Inforum Colour Printer IS-Colour no Ivey Library B&W Printer IV-BW yes Kelly Library B&W Printer KE-BW yes Kelly Library Colour Printer KE-Colour no Noranda Library B&W Printer NO-BW yes OISE Library B&W Printer EC-BW yes Pratt B&W Printer (1st Floor) PR-BW yes Pratt Colour Printer (1st Floor) PR-Colour yes Rehabilitation Sciences Computer Lab B&W Printer RH-BW yes Robarts InfoCommons B&W Printers IC-BW yes Robarts InfoCommons Colour Printer IC-Colour no Robarts Reference B&W Printers RE-BW yes University College Commuter Student Centre B&W Printer UC-CSC-BW yes University College Laidlaw Library B&W Printer UC-LIB-BW yes
- Click the Add button.
- In the next window, put a check in the box beside Duplex Printing Unit and click Continue to complete the configuration.
- Quit System Preferences.
How to Print:
- Open the document you wish to print.
- From the File menu, choose Print.
- Select the desired (wireless) printer location from the pull-down menu in the Print window.
- Set any other layout settings you wish to apply.
- Click Print.
- Go to the print location. Swipe your TCard or guest card through the print-release card reader.
A list of print jobs will appear on the screen. Your job will display the name of the file and your Macintosh username. Select it and click Print.
Jobs that are left in the queue will be deleted after 2 hours.
To find out more about wireless printing, please refer to the printhere.utoronto.ca web page.Tags: UTORcwn