Note: You must be connected to the UofT wireless network if you want to print your documents wirelessly.
You can print wirelessly from your Mac to selected campus printers.
Configure a new printer:
- Click on the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- Click the Printers & Scanners icon.
- Click on the "+" icon on the bottom left side of the window to add a new printer. You may need to click the lock icon (bottom left corner) before the + sign is available
- In the Printer Browser window, select the IP icon at the top.
- For protocol, make sure LPD (Line Printer Daemon) is selecte.
- For address type: printhere.utoronto.ca
- Type in the Queue and Name of the printer you wish to add. The list is as follows:
Name Queue Duplexing Printable Instructions Athletic Centre Colour Printer AC-Colour yes Emmanuel Library B&W Printer EM-BW yes Engineering Library B&W Printer EN-BW yes Gerstein Library B&W Printers GE-BW yes Gerstein Library Colour Printer GE-Colour no Graham Library B&W Printer GR-BW yes Graham Library Colour Printer GR-Colour no iSchool Inforum B&W Printer IS-BW yes iSchool Inforum Colour Printer IS-Colour no Ivey Library B&W Printer IV-BW yes Kelly Library B&W Printer KE-BW yes Kelly Library Colour Printer KE-Colour no Noranda Library B&W Printer NO-BW yes OISE Library B&W Printer EC-BW yes Pratt B&W Printer (1st Floor) PR-BW yes Pratt Colour Printer (1st Floor) PR-Colour yes Rehabilitation Sciences Computer Lab B&W Printer RH-BW yes Robarts InfoCommons B&W Printers IC-BW yes Robarts InfoCommons Colour Printer IC-Colour no Robarts Reference B&W Printers RE-BW yes University College Commuter Student Centre B&W Printer UC-CSC-BW yes University College Laidlaw Library B&W Printer UC-LIB-BW yes
- Click the Add button to complete the configuration.
- Quit System Preferences.
How to Print:
- Open the document you wish to print.
- From the File menu, choose Print.
- Select the desired (wireless) printer location from the pull-down menu in the Print window.
- Set any other layout settings you wish to apply.
- Click Print.
- Go to the printing station to complete the print job.
To find out more about wireless printing, please refer to the printhere.utoronto.ca web page.Tags: UTORcwn