In order to print wirelessly from your Windows computer, you must download and install the wireless printing software.
Download the Software
Note: If you have a personal firewall installed on your computer, you may see several "block message" windows during the download process. Select the option which will “allow“ or “accept“ the download to proceed.
Go to the Wireless printing software download page .
Download the software for the print location you wish to use by clicking on the link for that location. Save the file (which has a name like UofTPrintingICBW_for_Lte.exe) to your desktop.
Intall the Software
Note: If you have a personal firewall program installed on your computer, you may see several "block message" pop ups during the installation process. Select the option which will “allow“ or “accept“ the installation to proceed
- Make sure you are still connected to the wireless network or the installation will fail.
- Locate the file you downloaded in the steps above and double-click it to begin the installation process.
- Read the End User License agreement carefully, and then click Accept.
- On the next screen click Install to begin the installation process. This may take several minutes. Wait until you see the message Install finished successfully. Click Finish.
Your new wireless printer should now be installed.
You can install multiple packages: one for each printer location you wish to print to. Simply repeat the steps above.
How to Print
Note: If you have a personal firewall installed on your computer, you may see several "block message" windows during the printing process. Select the option which will “allow” or “accept” the printing to proceed.
- Open the document you wish to print (you have to be connected to the Internet at the time of the print request).
- From the File menu choose Print.
- Near the top of the Print window you will see the name of the currently specified printer. If necessary, select the desired (wireless) printer location from the pull-down menu.
- Set any other page settings you need, and click Print.
- A window should appear and prompt you to type your name to identify the job. After typing your name, click Print.
- Go to the print location you selected in step 3. Insert your TCard or Library smart card in the print release card reader. (NOTE: if you do not have sufficient funds on your card to pay for the printing, use a nearby cash-to-card machine to increase your balance.)
- A list of queued print jobs should appear on the screen with the name you sepecified in step 6 above. Select yours and click Print.
- Retrieve your card after the cash balance has been updated.
Jobs that are not printed two hours after submission will be deleted from the print queues.Tags: printing, UTORcwn