Filezilla is a program which helps users transfer files between their local computer and an FTP site such as UTORweb.
PLEASE NOTE: FTP is an unsecured protocol. This means that any data sent, including your UTORid password, may be intercepted and viewed by third parties
Downloading and Installing Filezilla
- Filezilla may be downloaded from: http://filezilla-project.org/
- Once you have downloaded it, run the file either from the completed download notice, or from the location where you saved it.
- Specific install instructions can be found at http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Client_Installation.
Connecting/Disconnecting from UTORweb Account
To connect to UTORweb
- Click File > Site Manager
- Click New Site
- Give the site a name such as “UTORweb” and press Enter
- Under the "General" tab enter the following information:
- Host: individual.utoronto.ca
- Server Type: FTP – File Transfer Protocol (default option)
- Login Type: Ask for password
- User: Your UTORid
The contents of your UTORweb account will be displayed in the right hand column under the heading “Remote Site”.
It is possible to connect to multiple accounts through Filezilla, provided they are named differently in step 3.
To end your session:
- Click Server > Disconnect
To Remove you UTORweb account from Filezilla
- Click File > Site Manager.
- Click the site listing for the name you created (e.g.UTORweb).
- Click Delete in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Click Yes.
- Click OK.
- The left column displays the files on your local computer.
- The right column displays the contents of your UTORweb account.
- Files will be copied between the locations displayed in left and right columns.
Please Note: The name of the file you are moving must only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and dashes (i.e. no spaces), otherwise, you will encounter various errors when uploading the file.
- Locate the file(s) either on your computer or UTORweb account.
- Select the file(s) that you would like to transfer.
- Right-click on the selected file(s). Click Upload if you are using the left column to send to UTORweb. Click Download if you are using the right column to get files to your computer.
- The Tabs "Failed transfers" and "Successful Transfers" will give a report of the uploads and downloads made during a session.
- You can manage the files on your UTORweb account through the right column. You move files between folders by dragging and dropping. A folder followed by two dots represents the parent folder of the currently displayed folder. You can delete files by right-clicking the file and selecting Delete.
Your UTORweb account supports two access controls, public and private:
If a document is saved in the “private” folder which appears in the main folder of your account (i.e. the screen you see when you first connect to your account) will only be accessible when you log in with your UTORid and password.
Anything saved outside of the private folder will be publicly accessible from the URL http://individual.utoronto.ca/Your UTORweb Space Name/Filename.