Note: The Connnected Accounts feature will no longer be available as of September 15, 2018. Accounts that were connected before September 15th will continue to sync as usual until October 30, 2018. Full details can be found on the Microsoft Office support site.
If you are a student or alumnus with a UTORmail account, and you wish to enrol in the UTmail+ service, these instructions will describe how to set up UTORmail as a connected acount in UTmail+. Please note that if you have not connected to UTORmail in over six months, and your account is not forwarded to another email address, the UTORmail account is considered abandoned and it may no longer exist.
UTmail+ cannot import messages which are larger than 17.5 MB (17920 KB), or have more than 100 attachments.
If you are unsure about how these criteria may apply to your account, please consult the guide for Mailbox preparation
- Before importing messages, make sure that you have closed any desktop or mobile email clients which are accessing your UTORmail account.
- Log into your UTmail+ account.
- Click on the Settings icon (), then begin typing connected accounts into the search field. When it appears below the field, click on it.
- Click the + sign.
- Under E-mail address, enter your @utoronto.ca address.
- Under Password, enter your UTORid password and click OK.
- You may see a message about an unsecured connection. Click Skip to configure your account settings.
- Choose IMAP and click OK.
- Under account information, enter the following information:
- Display name: your name
- Email address: your @utoronto.ca address
- User name: your UTORid
- Password: your UTORid password
- Incoming server: mailboxNN.utcc.utoronto.ca (where NN is your configuration number. If you don't know your configuration number, log in to the Get Info section of the UTORid Management page).
- Authentication: set to Basic
- Encryption: set to TLS
- Port: set as 143