Please note: When you log in to UTmail+ through a web browser, your login is managed by the University of Toronto. Any means of accessing the UTmail+ service other than through a web browser will securely transmit your UTORid and password through Microsoft’s systems.
Please note: These instructions are intended for Outlook 2007 users who are already using Outlook to access an Exchange account. If you are not already using Outlook to access your mail, we recommend following the instructions for configuring UTmail+ using Exchange.
Configure Outlook 2007 for UTmail+
- Close Outlook if you have it open.
- Start the Mail applet:
- in Windows 7 - Go to Start > Control Panel and type Mail in the search field
- in Windows 8 - Go to Start and type Control Panel. Click on Control Panel on the left then type Mail in the Search box
Your Name: Your Name
Email Address: (usually of the form "firstname.lastname@example.org")
Account Type: IMAP
Incoming Mail Server: outlook.office365.com
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.office365.com
User Name: this is the same as your email address (usually of the form "email@example.com")
Password: Your UTORid password
Click More Settings
- My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server
Incoming Server (IMAP): 993
Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
Outgoing Server (SMTP): 587
Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS
Click OK then Next and then Finish.