Please note: When you log in to UTmail+ through a web browser, your login is managed by the University of Toronto. Any means of accessing the UTmail+ service other than through a web browser will securely transmit your UTORid and password through Microsoft’s systems.
- Open Outlook.
- In the menu at the top, navigate to Tools > Accounts.
- In the Accounts window, click on Exchange Account.
- In the window that appears, type:
- your email address: (usually of the form "email@example.com")
- your user name: this is the same as your email address (usually of the form "firstname.lastname@example.org")
- Your UTORid password.
- Click Add Account. Outlook 2011 will now attempt to connect to your email account.
- You may see a message about being redirected to the exchange server:
If you do, check Always use my response for this server and click Allow. You should eventually see the Accounts screen with your new account added:
- Close this window. Outlook 2011 has now been configured, and it should start synchronizing your email messages and calendar. Depending on the volume of messages, this may take some time.