LDAP is used in UTORmail to access the U of T online email directory when writing e-mail.
- Select Accounts from the Tools menu.
- Click Add.
- Select Directory Service and click Next.
- Next to Internet directory (LDAP) server enter: ldap.utoronto.ca and click Next.
- Select No for Do you want to check addresses using this directory service? and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Under Directory Service you should see ldap.utoronto.ca. If it is not visible, click on the arrow head to the right of Directory Service.
- Select ldap.utoronto.ca and click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Next to Search base, enter: o=university of toronto,c=ca and click OK.
- Click Close.
- Click Create Mail.
- Click To but do not enter anything.
- Click Find but do not enter anything.
- Ensure that the Look in menu at the top has selected ldap.utoronto.ca.
- Now, type in the name that you want to search for in the People tab and click Find Now. Your results will be displayed below.
- Choose the person you want to email and click Add to my contacts.
- Alternately, you can use the To:->, CC:-> and BCC:-> buttons on the right to email this person.
- Click OK when done.