Make sure you have the following information before you begin:
- Your UTORid and password
- Your UTORmail configuration number
- Your UTORmail incoming server address
- Your UTORmail SMTP server address: smtp.utoronto.ca
- Start Outlook. If this is your first time using Outlook, you will be taken through the Startup Wizard.
- If this is not your first time, choose: File -> Info -> Add Account
- Choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Choose Internet E-Mail. Click Next.
- You will now insert information in the Add New Account screen:
Under User Information: you should have the following:
Your Name: your name as you would like it to appear to recipients
E-Mail address: your full email address in the format email@example.com
Under Server Information: you should have the following:
Account Type: select IMAP
Incoming mail server: mailboxNN.utcc.utoronto.ca where NN is your configuration number
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.utoronto.ca
Under Logon Information: you should have the following:
User Name: Your actual UTORid
Password: Leave this empty for now
Remember password: not selected
Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is not selected
- Click on More Settings. . .
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab.
Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
You may select Use same settings as my incoming mail server. or
Log on using, then enter Your actual UTORid and Your UTORid password.
Click on the Advanced tab.
Under Server Port Numbers you should have the following:
Incoming server (IMAP): 993
Use the following type of encrypted connection:, select SSL
(Note: If you are using Windows 8, the above settings should be: Incoming server (IMAP): 143; Use the following type of encrypted connection:, select Auto)
Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
Use the following type of encrypted connection: select TLS
NOTE: Outlook may revert back to port 25. Please make sure it is: 587 by entering it again.
- Click OK to close the Internet E-mail Settings window.
- Click Test Settings. If this passes (indicated by two green check boxes),click Close, then click Next. If you have the Test account settings by clicking the next button option selected, it
will perform the check again. When it passes, click Close.
- Click Finish. You may be asked for a login at this point. You can log into your email account or cancel and exit Outlook.