- Right-click the wireless network icon in the bottom right corner of your screen and choose Open Network and Sharing Center.
- In the new window that opens, click Manage wireless networks.
- In the next window, click Add.
- Choose Manually create a network profile.
- Fill in the following information:
Network Name: UofT
Security Type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption Type: AES
Then click Next.
- In the next window, click Change connection settings.
- In the Network Properties window, click on the Security tab.
- The security type and encryption type fields should already be filled in
- Underneath Choose a network authentication method ensure that Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP) is selected
- Ensure that the Remember my credentials for this connection each time I’m logged onbox is checked
Then, click Settings.
- In the Protected EAP Properties window, make sure that:
- The Validate server certificate box is checked
- The Connect to these servers box is checked and that the field underneath of it is filled in with radius.wireless.utoronto.ca
- Under Trusted Root Certification Authorities, the box beside AddTrust External CA Root is checked
- Select Authentication Method is set to Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
- In the next window, ensure that the box beside Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) is unchecked. Then click OK.
- Click on Advanced settings.
- In the Advanced Settings window, click on the 802.1X settings tab and check the box beside Specify authentication mode. Ensure that the mode is set to User authentication. Then click Save credentials.
- In the Windows Security window, enter your UTORid and UTORid password. Then click OK, then OK again. Your UofT connection is now configured correctly.
- Connect by clicking the wireless icon, choosing UofT, then clicking Connect.
If you are having issues connecting, please see the article about verifying your UTORid.