Note: We recommend that UofT faculty, staff and students set up and test their computers prior to travelling to a partner institution. Once it is set up, you will have wireless access to any eduroam-enabled institution in the world. While at UofT, you should be using UofT's wireless network (UofT).
If you are visiting another university or college and need wireless access, as long as you are at an eduroam member institution, you will not need a guest account from the campus you are visiting — you simply use eduroam.
"eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community." (from eduroam.org)
To set up your Windows Vista laptop to access it:
- Left-click on the wireless network icon at the bottom right of your screen.
- Highlight eduroam and click the Connect button.
- Click Enter/select additional log on information.
- Enter your User name as firstname.lastname@example.org (where "utorid" is your actual utorid), and your UTORid password.
- When the following window appears select Enter/select additional log on information.
- In the Validate ServerCertificate window, click OK.
- Click Close.