- Click Mail in the dock or double-click the Mail icon in your Applications folder.
- If you do not have an existing email account set up in Mac Mail, you will be presented with a welcome screen. If there is an exisiting email account set up already, click on Mail, then Preferences. In the window that appears click on Accounts. Then click on + located on the bottom left corner.
- Choose Add Other Mail Account, then click Continue.
- Type your Name, Email Address and Password. Click Create.
- You will see the Add a Mail Account window again with the message that the account must be manually configured. Click Next.
- In the Incoming Mail server window:
- choose IMAP as Account Type.
- In the Mail Server field, type mailbox##.utcc.utoronto.ca (where ## is your configuration number - find out your configuration number by logging into the UTORid information page).
- type your UTORid in the User Name field.
- Type your password in the Password field.
- Under SMTP Server, type smtp.utoronto.ca. Click Create.
- Your account will be created and your Inbox will be populated with your messages. This may take a while to finish.
- Go to Mail > Accounts and select your email account on the left hand side. Click Advanced.
- Make sure that Use SSL is checked. Click OK.
If you encounter problems with receiving email, go back to the Advanced settings and set the incoming mail port to 993.Tags: UTORmail