Follow these instructions to set up LDAP in Mac Mail. LDAP is used to access the U of T online email directory when writing e-mail.
- Open Mac Mail.
- From the Mail menu, choose Preferences, then click Composing.
- In the Addressing section, check the first box, Automatically complete addresses
- Click Configure LDAP...
- Click the + sign at the bottom left corner of the window.
- Enter the following information in the appropriate fields, leaving all others blank:
- Name: University of Toronto
- Server: ldap.utoronto.ca
- Search Base: o=university of toronto,c=ca
- Port: 389
- In Mac Mail, click New Message.
- Click To: as you would when writing an email.
- Begin typing. Any names in your address book will appear immediately.
- A list of names and addresses will appear after a short time, retrieved from the LDAP directory.
- Choose the appropriate email address.