By saving, we mean copying messages from folders on the UTORmail server (remote folders) into local folders on your computer.
There are two steps to save (or archive) messages:
Step One - Create a local folder in Thunderbird.
- Select New Folder from the File menu.
- Under Name, type in a meaningful name.
- Under Create as a subfolder of, make sure it has Local Folders.
- Click on the OK button.
Step Two - Copy the message(s) to the local folder
- Click to select the remote folder.
- Highlight a message or multiple messages.
- Place your mouse's cursor over the messages and right-click.
- Choose Copy To then choose Local Folders -> destination folder.
- Verify your messages are in the local folder.