Saving means copying or moving messages from folders on the UTORmail
server (remote folders) into local folders on your computer. Once
messages are in your local folders, you then delete them from the
UTORmail server. This procedure, called archiving, also reduces the
amount of data stored in your account, making room for new messages to
There are two steps to save (archive) messages
Step One - Create a local folder in Thunderbird.
- Select New Folder from the File menu.
- Under Name, type in a meaningful name.
- Under Create as a subfolder of, make sure it has Local Folders.
Click on the OK button.
Step Two - Move the message(s) to the local folder
- Click to select the remote folder.
- Highlight a message or multiple messages.
- Place your mouse's cursor over the messages and right-click.
- Choose either Copy To or Move To, then choose Local Folders -> destination folder.
- Verify your messages are in the local folder.
- If you selected Copy To in step 4, then select those messages in the remote folder again and press Delete.
- Your messages on the remote folder are flagged for deletion or will be moved into the Trash.
- Select Compact Folders or Empty Trash from the File menu to permanently delete your messages.