If you have a lot of contacts saved in Webmail and have switched to Outlook 2007 or Entourage 2008, you may want to transfer those contacts to the new program.To do this, you must export from Webmail and import into Outlook or Entourage.
Exporting Webmail contacts
- Log in to Webmail
- Click on Address Book.
- Click Import/Export
- Under Export Address Book, select Comma separated values (Microsoft Outlook) or vCard from the pull-down menu. Click Export.
Note: vCard files will not import into Entourage.
- You will be prompted to Open or Save the file. Choose Save File name the file contacts.csv, and click OK.
Note: on Mac and Windows XP, it will save to your default location (likely, the Desktop) and in Windows Vista, you will be prompted to choose a save location.
Importing Webmail contacts to Outlook
- Open Outlook and select Import and Export from the File menu.
- Select Import from another program or file or Import a VCARD file (depending on the format you exported). Click Next.
- If you chose Import from another program or file, in the resulting window select Comma Separated Values (Windows) and click Next.
- Click Browse to find the contacts.csv you created in the steps above. Select it and click OK. In the Import a file window, set options for how to handle duplicates and click Next.
- Under Select destination folder, choose your Contacts folder. Click Next.
- Either accept the default and click Finish, or click Map Custom Fields to make sure your fields are mapped the way you want.
To map a field manually, select it from the left and drag it over top of the appropriate field on the right. Click OK, then click Finish.
Importing Webmail contacts to Entourage
- Open Entourage and choose Import from the File menu.
- In the Import window, select Contacts or messages from a text file, and click the right arrow.
- Select Import Contacts from a tab- or comma-delimited text file, and click the right arrow.
- Browse to find the contacts.csf file you created above, select it and click Import.
- Entourage will attempt to match fields from the file with the fields it provides. This will appear in the left pane of the import window. Unmapped fields appear in the right pane. You can drag the unmapped fields to the left pane, over top of the field you wish to match it with. When you have finished, click Import.
- Wait for the confirmation message, then click Finish.