Note: you cannot respond to a read receipt request using Webmail. You must be using a desktop IMAP client such as Outlook or Thunderbird.
Step 1 – Enable Read Receipts
- Log in to Webmail.
- Once you are in your Inbox folder, click on the Options icon.
- In the center column click Message Composition.
- At the very bottom is an option Request Read Receipt.
- Ensure the dropdown menu is selected to Ask.
- Click Save Options.
Step 2 – Sending the Message with Request Read Receipt
- Compose the message as you would any other, including attachments.
- Prior to sending click the box next to Request a Read Receipt.
- When finished, click Send Message