The following instructions will guide you on how to set up Outlook 2010 for UTORexchange:
Note: If Microsoft Outlook 2010 is currently running, please exit it completely before proceeding.
You will need to create a new or separate mail profile within Outlook for the UTORexchange account. (This document presumes you have not previously configured UTORexchange on a prior version of Microsoft Outlook, and have just upgraded to Outlook 2010.)
- Click Start > Control Panels.
- Double-click the Mail icon. If you do not see the Mail icon, you may need to change your view settings from Category to Small/Large icons on the top right corner of the screen. Please refer to the "missing mail icon" article if you do not see the Mail icon and are using 64-bit Windows XP or Vista.
- You may see one of the two following windows: the Mail Setup window (if there are existing profiles) or the Mail window (if there are no exisiting profiles). If you see the Mail Setup window, you will need to click on Show Profiles before proceeding. Once you see the Mail window, click Add.
- Type UTORexchange for the Profile Name and click OK.
- Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types radio button. Click Next.
- Select the Microsoft Exchange or compatible service radio button. Click Next.
- Type arborcaslbx1.utorarbor.utorad.utoronto.ca in the Server field. Ensure that the Use cached Exchange Mode checkbox is enabled/checked. Type your UTORid in the User Name field. Click More Settings.
(If you see an error window appear at this point, click OK to proceed.)
- Go to the Connection tab. Enable the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP checkbox. Click the Exchange Proxy Settings button.
- Type outlookanywhere2010.utoronto.ca in the https:// field. Place checkmarks beside the following:
- Connect using SSL only
- On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP
- On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP
Below the Proxy authentication settings heading, select Basic Authentication from the pull-down menu.
- Confirm all changes by clicking OK, OK, Next, and Finish.
- In the Mail window, select Always use this profile and select your Exchange account from the pull-down menu. Click OK.
- Start Outlook. In the Connect window, type utorarbor\UTORid (where UTORid is your actual UTORid) in the User name field and type your UTORid password in the Password field. Click OK.
- Outlook immediately begins synchronization with the Exchange server. This process can take a long time, but happens only once. Leave Outlook running until the Outlook status bar displays: All folders are up to date.