There are two methods you can use to automatically reply to incoming messages while out of the office.
Set up the Out of Office Assistant
- Select Out of Office from the Tools menu.
Note: If you have more than one account, you must turn the Out of Office Assistant on or off for each account separately.
- Select Send Out of Office messages.
- In the Reply to messages with box, type the text that you want to include in your automatic reply.
- Expand More Options by clicking the black arrow and then do any of the following:
- To set start and end dates for an Out of Office message select the I am out of the office between check box, and then set your Start date and End date.
- To set options for replying outside your organization select the Send replies outside my company to check box, and set options as desired.
Set up a Mail Rule
- Select Rules from the Tools menu.
- Select your UTORexchange account on the left (note: if you are on the 2007 Exchange server, you will not be able to create a rule on the server. Instead, select your UTORexchange account under On My Computer.
- Click the + sign to create a new rule.
- Next to Rule name, type a name for the rule, such as Vacation response.
- Under When a new message arrives, choose All Messages from the pull-down menu. You can change this option and add criteria if you wish.
- Under Do the following, choose Reply from the first pull-down menu.
- Click Reply Text, type the automated reply that you want Entourage to send, and then click OK.
- Make sure that the Enabled check box is selected, and then click OK. Important: Because mail rules are run by Outlook and not the mail server, you must leave Outlook running for automatic reply messages to be sent.
- To turn off the automatic reply messages, select Rules from the Tools menu, and then clear the Enabled check box next to the rule.