These instructions assume you have already installed Microsoft Office 2011.
- Click on the Outlook icon in the dock.
- If you are opening Outlook 2011 for the first time, you will see the Welcome screen. Click on the Add account button, otherwise to add a new account, go to Tools / Accounts.
- If you currently have another account set up, choose Exchange from the Add Account pull-down menu, otherwise, choose Exchange Account from the right pane.
- In the next window:
- Type your email in the E-mail address field.
- Choose User Name and Password for Method.
- Type utorarbor\UTORid into the User name field (replacing UTORid with your actual UTORid)
- Type your password into the Password field.
- Ensure Configure automatically is selected.
- Click Add Account.
- Outlook will detect the Exchange server and populate your account
Verify the advanced settings
- Open Outlook 2011 for Mac. From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- Select the Exchange account from the list.
- Click the Advanced... button.
- Select the Server tab.
The Exchange server fields should be as follows:
- Exchange server: https://ews2010.utoronto.ca/EWS/Exchange.asmx
- The setting "Use SSL for connect (recommended)" is checked
The Directory service fields should be as follows:
- Server: https://owa.utoronto.ca/ews/Exchange.asmx
- The setting "Log in with my Exchange account credentials" should be checked
Click OK to close the Edit Account window and close the Accounts window.Tags: UTORexchange