If the sender is utilizing Thunderbird 2.x, they may receive the following returned error message: "#554 5.6.0 STOREDRV.Deliver; Corrupt message content ##rfc822;" when they attempt to email you with the Word attachment.
In some instances, Mozilla Thunderbird may send the Word (.doc) file as an attachment, but with the incorrect mime-encoding of 'applefile' resulting in a corrupt attachment on the receiving end.
Perform the following steps to resolve the problem:
1. Exit Thunderbird completely.
2. Depending on which operating system you are running, navigate to the following directory:
Note: in the examples below, %userprofile% = your user name on the computer
- Windows 2000/XP: %userprofile%\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles
- Windows Vista: %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles
- Mac OS X: \Library\Thunderbird\Profile
3. Open the directory named with a random set of characters such as "yo6luyl8.default". (There may be multiple directories if you have multiple Thunderbird profiles. Determine the exact folder by going to Tools -> Accounts -> Server Settings and look just below the Local Directory heading at the bottom of the right column.)
4. Delete the file named mimeTypes.rdf.Tags: UTORexchange