Android 5.0 and up uses the Gmail app to display all email acounts. Your device might have slightly different labels and screens from those shown below. Contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-978-4357 if you have any questions.
- If you have your UTORexchange account set up on your device, remove the account before continuing.
Go to Settings, Users & accounts (Accounts on some devices), and tap Add account.
- Throughout the setup screens, you will need to fill in the information shown below. Tap Next or Previous to navigate through the setup screens. If you see a Redirect request screen, tap OK to continue.
Email address: email@example.com
Password: your UTORid password
Username: this is the same as your email address and is usually of the form "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Security Type: SSL/TLS
- Tap OK to allow when you see the screen about additional security settings.
- You will be offered the opportunity to sync contacts, email, calendar, etc. Tap Next.
- Tap Activate on the Activate device administrator screen.
- Give the account a name (e.g. UTmail+) and tap Next.
- When you have completed the setup process, your mail and other selected options will begin syncing.