Accessing the Shared Mailbox from your Individual Account:
- when you send a message from the shared account, a copy of that message will be put in the Sent Items folder for your individual mailbox. If you want these sent items to be in the shared mailbox Sent Items folder instead, you will need to move/copy them manually.
- if you are sending a message from the shared mailbox, you will need to change the From: field, otherwise it will appear to have come from your individual mailbox. See instructions in Send a Message As below.
Whether you are the owner of the shared mailbox or a delegate with Send As permission, you follow the same steps to send a message from the shared mailbox:
- Create a new message.
- If the From field does not appear, change your options so it does
In Outlook 2007, go to the Options tab and click the Show From button
- Click From in the Compose window.
- Type in the email address of the shared mailbox and click to select it in the list below.
- Click OK.
- Continue composing the email.
- Go to the Contacts view and double-click on the group you wish to modify (either mailbox_name-FullAccess and mailbox_name-SendAs).
- In the Distribution List window, double-click on the group.
- Click Modify Members
- Cick Add (or select a name and click Remove).
- Find the names in the list of contacts, and double-click each name you wish to add.
- Click OK, then OK, then OK again.
- Click Save & Close.
In Internet Explorer using OWA Premium.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to https://owa.utoronto.ca/ and login.
- In the top right corner, click on the down arrow beside your username.
- Type the name of the shared mailbox or the email address and click Open.
- The shared mailbox will open (in Outlook Web Access) in a new browser window.
OR, in OWA Light in a browser other than Internet Explorer.
- Open a web browser.
- Go to https://firstname.lastname@example.org (where you replace email@example.com with the email address of the shared mailbox). You will be taken to the same login screen you see when you access your own mailbox.
- Log in with your own username and password at the prompts. The main OWA screen will display the Inbox and other folders for the shared mailbox.
Once you are logged in to the shared mailbox:
- Click Options, near the upper-right corner.
- On the left side, click Out of Office Assistant.
- Select Send Out of Office auto-replies, choose options such as Start Time and End Time, and type the desired auto-reply message underneath.
- Click Save near the top.