If you are the owner of a shared mailbox and wish to delegate access, you can only grant access to those who have a UTORexchange account.
You must modify management groups for the shared mailbox to include people who require delegate access. The groups have names like mailbox_name-FullAccess and mailbox_name-SendAs and indicate two levels of access:
- FullAccess gives the user the ability to read, delete and change items in the mailbox. Please note that if you want the user to be able to send on behalf of the shared mailbox, you must give them SendAs access as well.
- SendAs grants the user the ability to send a message on behalf of the shared mailbox).
- Log into owa.utoronto.ca.
- Go to Options > See All Options.
- Click Groups. Look under Public Groups I Own. If you don't see the groups for your shared mailbox, type the name in the search field and press Enter.
- Double-click on the group you wish to modify.
- Click Membership.
- Click Add.
- Find the names in the list of contacts, and double-click each name you wish to add.
- Click OK.
- Hide the access group by checking Hide this group from the shared address book.
(these groups are not intended for public use, so they should not be in the Global Address List nor should the list of members be viewable. They are used only to manage who has full access or "send as" access for the departmental mailbox).
- Click Save.
- Repeat for the other group if desired.
Those people who have been granted access will need to set up their email clients.