Please note: When you log in to UTmail+ through a web browser, your login is managed by the University of Toronto. Any means of accessing the UTmail+ service other than through a web browser will securely transmit your UTORid and password through Microsoft’s systems.
Note: Your device might have slightly different labels and screens from those shown below. Contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-978-4357 if you have any questions.
Your Windows Phone must be compatible with Exchange ActiveSync for this to work.
- Before configuring your device, ensure that you can successfully sign in via a web browser at https://mail.utoronto.ca/ . Exit the browser when done
- On the home screen (which displays your apps as tiles), swipe left to display the list of Apps.
- Tap Settings, email+accounts, add an account, Exchange.
- Enter your email address (usually of the form "email@example.com") and password.
- Tap sign in.
- Your device will attempt to use Autodiscover to fill in your username and server automatically. If it fails, you will be taken to the manual setup screen where you will need to fill in some information (see below). If it succeeds, proceed to step 7.
Email address: usually of the form "firstname.lastname@example.org".Password: your UTORid password
User name: (this is the same as your email address and is usually of the form "email@example.com")
Domain: leave blank.
- Tap done.
- On the email+account page, you can click on the newly added UTmail+ account (it may be labelled as Utoronto) to rename the account to UTmail+, along with adjusting other settings which includes how many emails to download to the device, what information to sync, etc.
- To access UTmail+ from your Windows Mobile 8 device, click UTmail+ from your Apps list. You can also 'pin' it to your home page by clicking and holding onto the icon in the Apps list, then tapping pin to start.