Please note: When you log in to UTmail+ through a web browser, your login is managed by the University of Toronto. Any means of accessing the UTmail+ service other than through a web browser will securely transmit your UTORid and password through Microsoft’s systems.
Android 5.0 and up uses the Gmail app to display all email acounts. Your device might have slightly different labels and screens from those shown below. Contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-978-4357 if you have any questions.
Before you set up your mobile device to access UTmail+, you must verify your UTORid (you will only need to do this once). Go to https://www.utorid.utoronto.ca/ and click on verify under Problems with your UTORid?.
Log in with your UTORid and password. You should see a message stating “Your UTORid and password have been checked and should work.”.
- Go to Settings, Accounts and tap Add account.
- Choose Exchange.
- Throughout the setup screens, you will need to fill in the information shown below. Tap Next or Previous to navigate through the setup screens.
Email address: email@example.com
Password: your UTORid password
Username: this is the same as your email address and is usually of the form "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Security Type: SSL/TLS
- Tap OK to allow when you see the screen about additional security settings.
- You will be offered the opportunity to sync contacts, email, calendar, etc. Tap Next.
- Tap Activate on the Activate device administrator screen.
- Give the account a name (e.g. UTmail+) and tap Next.
- When you have completed the setup process, your mail and other selected options will begin syncing.