This article will help list owners get more out of the UTORlist service. Email email@example.com with comments or questions.
Setting up a Bottom Banner
LISTSERV has the capability to automatically add special text at the bottom of messages posted to a list. This is typically used for unsubscribe instructions but can be any text that you want to include.
- Go to https://listserv.utoronto.ca select List Management and log in
- Choose the list that you want to add a bottom banner
- Go to the pull down menu, List Management, Customization and Mail templates
- Select the down arrow to the right of All Templates
- Choose Top and Bottom Banners from the list
- In Select Template, Bottom banner for plain text postings [BOTTOM_BANNER] should appear
- Select Edit Template
- In the contents box type the info for your bottom banner (four lines of text or less is best) and press Update at the bottom right to save your changes
- A message at the top of the screen should appear with the changes