Please note: When you log in to UTmail+ using the Outlook Web App, your login is managed by the University of Toronto. Any means of accessing the UTmail+ service other than through a web browser will securely transmit your UTORid and password through Microsoft’s systems.
These instructions are intended for Outlook 2007 users who are already using Outlook to access an Exchange account. If you are not already using Outlook to access your mail, we recommend following the instructions for configuring UTmail+ using Exchange.
Configure Outlook 2007 for UTmail+
- Close Outlook if you have it open.
- Open the Microsoft Office Profile Manager:
In Vista and Windows 7 go to the Control Panel and type Mail into the search box. Select the Mail applet.
In Windows XP, go to Start / Settings, and choose Control Panel. If necessary, click Classic View and double-click the Mail icon.
- Select Show Profiles and click Add.
- In the New Profile window type UTmail+ and click OK.
- In the Auto Account Setup window select Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click Next.
- In the Choose E-mail Service window select Internet Email and click Next.
- In the Internet Email Settings window enter the following:
Your Name: Your Name
Email: email@example.com (for details about your email address, read about checking your current email addresses).
Account Type: IMAP
Incoming Mail Server: outlook.office365.com
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.office365.com
User Name: Your username may vary depending on when your alumni account was set up. To check this, go to the UTORid web page, click the Get Info link and log in with your UTORid and password. Look at the line for UPN to find out what you should enter as your username.
Password: Your UTORid password
Click More Settings
- In the Internet Email Settings window click on the Outgoing Sever tab and select:
- My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server
- Click on the Advanced tab and select
Incoming Server (IMAP): 993
Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
Outgoing Server (SMTP): 587
Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS
Click OK then Next and then Finish.
- You should now be back in the Microsoft Office Profile Manager window. Make sure Prompt for a profile to be used is selected.
- Click OK.