Please note: When you log in to UTmail+ through a web browser, your login is managed by the University of Toronto. Any means of accessing the UTmail+ service other than through a web browser will securely transmit your UTORid and password through Microsoft’s systems.
Although Mac Mail can be used with UTmail+, Outlook is the preferred email client.
- Click Mail in the dock or double-click the Mail icon in your Applications folder.
- If you do not have an existing email account set up in Mac Mail, you will be presented with a welcome screen. If there is an exisiting email account set up already, click on Mail, then Preferences. In the window that appears click on Accounts. Then click on + located on the bottom left corner.
- Choose Exchange, then click Continue.
- Type your Name, Email Address (email@example.com) and Password. Click Continue.
Mail will check the connection to the mail server, which will fail.
- In the next screen beside User name, enter UTORid@mail.utoronto.ca, replacing UTORid with your UTORid, all lowercase.Click Continue.
- When it's done, you will see the Account Summary screen. Click Continue.
- In the next screen, place checkmarks beside Contacts and Calendar if you wish to set them up for Alumni UTmail+ automatically. Click Done.
- Mail will open showing the Inbox. It will begin to import all your Alumni UTmail+ folders and messages. This may take a while.