Please note: When you log in to Alumni UTmail+ through a web browser, your login is managed by the University of Toronto. Any means of accessing the Alumni UTmail+ service other than through a web browser will securely transmit your UTORid and password through Microsoft’s systems.
Android 5.0 and up uses the Gmail app to display all email acounts. Your device might have slightly different labels and screens from those shown below. Contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-978-4357 if you have any questions.
Before you set up your mobile device to access Alumni UTmail+, you must verify your UTORid (you will only need to do this once). Go to https://www.utorid.utoronto.ca/ and click on verify under Problems with your UTORid?.
Log in with your UTORid and password. You should see a message stating “Your UTORid and password have been checked and should work.”.
- Go to Settings, Accounts and tap Add account.
- Choose Exchange.
- Throughout the setup screens, you will need to fill in the information shown below. Tap Next or Previous to navigate through the setup screens.
Email address: email@example.com
Password: your UTORid password
Username: Username may vary depending on when your alumni account was set up. To check this, go to the UTORid web page, click the Get Info link and log in with your UTORid and password. Look at the line for UPN to find out what you should enter as your username
Security Type: SSL/TLS
- Tap OK to allow when you see the screen about additional security settings.
- You will be offered the opportunity to sync contacts, email, calendar, etc. Tap Next.
- Tap Activate on the Activate device administrator screen.
- Give the account a name (e.g. UTmail+) and tap Next.
- When you have completed the setup process, your mail and other selected options will begin syncing.