To migrate to UTORexchange, you need to:
- Check some things to avoid potential problems
- Make sure you have the appropriate software.
- Migrate and test your account.
- Configure your software for the service.
- Verify your UTORid and password.
- Either rename or delete the Sent Items and Deleted Items folders.
- Rename the Notes folder.
- Sort all messages by size. Delete (archive) anything 15 MB or larger. Make sure to go through all folders.
- Remove any special characters in folder names (dashes and underscores are fine).
- If your account has 2 GB or more of messages, contact the Help Desk before beginning your account migration.(To see how much space you are currently using go to the UTORid Information page, select the "Show current sizes of your UTORmail folders" option and then log in with your UTORid and password.)
The UTORexchange service supports a wide variety of email clients. However, the clients listed below offer the most complete access to the features and functionality provided by UTORexchange.
Email clients other than those below may not have a built-in migration mechanism for messages, contacts or other data. The Transend Migrator, which you can download for free if you qualify for the UTORexchange service, can migrate those items (you must authenticate with your UTORid and password).
If you have local computer support staff in your department, they will likely be responsible for the installation of any software on your work computer and you may already have Outlook or Entourage installed. Check with them before you start.
Outlook 2016 (Outlook 2016 is available as part of Office through the Microsoft Campus License Agreement or Home Use Program.)
Outlook 2011 (Outlook 2011 is available as part of Office through the Microsoft Campus License Agreement)
If you are currently using a program other than Outlook to read and send email with UTORmail we recommend that you install or upgrade to Outlook. See above for details on how to get Outlook.
To migrate your local email and local contacts from a program like Thunderbird you may need to install Transend Migrator. You can download and use Transend Migrator which we provide free for those who qualify for the UTORexchange service. Download the Transend installer (you must authenticate with your UTORid and password).
Migrate and Test Your Account
See the Email Migration Instructions for full details.
Configure your software for the service
Find and follow the appropriate configuration instructions for your software or device.Tags: UTORexchange