Note: All UTORexchange accounts are in the process of being migrated to UTmail+.
Migration of UTORmail accounts will begin once all UTORexchange accounts have been migrated. As such, we are currently not migrating UTORmail accounts to UTORexchange. If you have any questions, please contact the Help Desk.
Before you proceed with email migration you should coordinate with your local IT staff so that they will be available to assist you in reconfiguring your email client. Migrating your email to Exchange and configuring your email client should take less than 15 minutes to complete. Please make sure that you have at least that much time before beginning the process.
We are only able to migrate email on the central UTORmail servers and not any email saved to a departmental email server or email saved to a local data store (e.g., "personal folders" in Outlook or "local" in Thunderbird).
If you need help or have a question that is not answered on this web site please contact the Information Commons Help Desk at (416) 978-4357. You may be put into a queue if staff are busy assisting other clients.
If you have not already done so, read the Migration Preparation page.
To begin the migration process please follow these instructions:
- Close your email client.
- Go to the migration web page.
- Type your UTORid and pasword (your email password) in the appropriate fields and click Authenticate.
- Click the Migrate button. You will be added to the queue waiting to be migrated.
- Do not close your web browser after you have clicked the Migrate button. Doing so will terminate the migration process and may leave it in an incomplete state. Once the migration is complete the page will change to indicate that your email has been migrated.
- To confirm that your email has been migrated, go to owa.utoronto.ca and login with the following:
Domain\user name: utorarbor\UTORid
Password: UTORid pasword.
This is the web page you will now be using to access your email via web browser (now might be a good time to bookmark it). Try sending yourself an email.
- Now you are ready to configure your desktop email client. Please follow the configuration instructions.