To request a Public Folder for shared contacts, send an email to email@example.com. Please indicate the name you would prefer for the Public Folder. A folder and a Reviewer group will be created and a confirmation email will be sent to you. You can then create individual Contacts and/or Distribution Lists in the Public Folder and modify the Reviewer group to indicate who has access to those entries.
Create Individual Contacts or Distribution Lists in the Public Folder
- In Outlook 2007, from the Go menu, choose Folder List.
In Outlook 2010, click the Folder List button at the bottom of the Navigation Pane.
- Find Public Folders at the bottom of the Folder List in the left-hand column and expand the folders listed below so you see the contents.
Public Folders -> All Public Folders -> UTORexchange Public Folders -> Shared Contacts.
- To create a new Contact or Distribution List:
- Click on the Public Folder assigned to you to select it (ICHD Test in the example above).
- Click the down arrow beside the New button in the Toolbar and select Contact or Distribution Lists.
- Follow the same procedure to create your Contact or Distribution List as you would if you were in your personal UTORexchange account.
- While still in the Folder List view, click on the Contacts folder of your personal or shared account.
- find the Contact/Distribution List you wish to copy, then press and hold Ctrl while dragging the Contact/Distribution List into the Public Folder assigned to you.
Modify the Reviewer group to add members
The Public Folder that has been created for you will contain a Reviewer group. It will have a name similar to _SharedContacts ICHDTest - Reviewer. Modify the membership of this group to give certain people access to the Contacts and Distribution Lists in your Public Folder.
- Double-click on the Reviewer Group.
- In the next window, double-click on the Reviewer Group in the field halfway down the window.
- Click Modify Members.
- Cick Add.
- Find names in the GAL or other available Address Books, and double-click each name you wish to add.
- Click OK, then OK again.
- When you are back in the window displayed below you can create a shortcut to this Reviewer group in your own Contacts folder. That way, you can make changes to the Reviewer group from your Conctacts folder instead of navigating to the Public Folder to do so.
- Click Add to Contacts. This will open a new window. Click Save & Close. Then click OK.
TIP: If you are going to be modifying the entries in your Public Folder regularly, you can create a "Favorite" to access it more quickly.
- Right click on the folder and select Add to Favorites.
- Click Add in the next window. You can then get to the folder by going to Favorites under Public Folders.