UTmail+ for faculty, librarians and staff is coming!
- What is UTmail+
- Pre-Migration Checklist
- Access your account through OWA
- Set up UTmail+ on Outlook for Windows or Mac
- Set up UTmail+ on Mobile Clients
- Training and Help
UTmail+ powered by Office 365 is a comprehensive online e-communication and collaboration service provided by Microsoft. The service provides virtually anywhere access to familiar Office tools (e.g., online versions of Word, Excel, Powerpoint…), e-mail, calendaring, instant message, audio/video conferencing, and cloud storage services. Note that the online Office applications do not replace PC/Mac-based software. They are adjuncts to the software you may already have.
Account migrations will begin August 2017 with a pilot group and then rolled out in phases to the rest of the University. Your department/division will have 8 weeks of lead time to prepare for migration and receive training. For a detailed timeline, see the Office 365 website.
Important: Accounts will be moved starting approximately 5 pm on the day you are scheduled for migration. Full access to your new UTmail+ account will be available the following morning.
To prepare for your migration to UTmail+, we recommend doing the following:
- If you use SAP GUI, update to the latest version. If you are on a managed desktop, this will be done for you. If your computer is not managed and you have an older version, download and install the latest version of the software.
- If you are not currently using Outlook 2016, upgrade your software. If you are on a managed desktop, this will be done for you. If your U of T-owned computer is not managed and you don't have Outlook 2016, it's available for free as part of Office through the Microsoft Campus License Agreement .
- Update your web browser(s) to the latest version(s)
- Empty Junk E-mail and Deleted Items folders
- Back up Inbox Rules
- Export Contact Lists
- If you are on a Windows machine, locate your PST files and reattach them after migration. (your Outlook PST files contain previous Outlook settings, including locally stored email, sent mail and contacts that will not be migrated with your account)
- If you are on a Windows machine, back up your OneNote files.
- Once you have received notification that your mailbox is about to be migrated, do not make any changes to the file structure in your account (e.g. do not change folder names, move or delete folders)
For access to all the new Office 365 features, log into your UTmail+ account at mail.utoronto.ca using your UTORid and password
If you are a current U of T faculty, librarian or staff member and have an appointment of 20% or more, included with your UTmail+ account is access to full desktop versions and mobile versions of Microsoft Office. You may run Office on up to 5 personal machines (Mac or PC). You can also run the Office Mobile Apps (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) on up to 5 mobile devices (on various platforms). More details and installation instructions are available from the article about getting a free copy of Office 2016 for U of T Faculty, Librarians and Staff.
Information Technology Services will initiate a tri-campus wide education campaign for the available cloud services. The following resources will be available:
- The Organizational Development & Learning Centre will be providing training on using Office 2016. A list of training dates is available on office365.utoronto.ca.
- Microsoft’s excellent online training resources — links to these are available on the office365.utoronto.ca website.
See our general usage articles:
Using Email — An introduction to the Email features of UTmail+.
Using Calendar — An introduction to the Calendar features of UTmail+.Tags: Office 365, UTmail+