Departments wishing to use a third-party service to circulate an email survey to large groups of U of T students, faculty or staff can now request to use an @survey.utoronto.ca email address to ensure:
messages are not rejected or otherwise tagged as SPAM
messages are delivered to the ‘focused’ inbox in UTmail+.
the mail is sent from a U of T email address to encourage recipients to respond.
To set up this service for your survey, send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Survey Sponsor (contact information).
- Survey Vendor (technical contact information).
- Links to Vendor's instructions on improving delivery (if available).
- The survey period: start date (allow time for testing), closing date.
- IP Address range for Survey Vendor’s Sending infrastructure
- If firstname.lastname@example.org is not acceptable as the ‘From’ address on the survey:
- Work with the Survey Sponsor to define an acceptable ‘From’ address in the @survey.utoronto.ca domain along with the display name for that address and the desired target email address.
- Relay the contact details to the O365 Tier 3 team for creation on or about the specified start date.