There are sometimes issues with configuring UTmail+ accounts in Outlook 2016. Microsoft has created a tool called the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 to troubleshoot these issues, amongst other problems.
To download the tool, go to https://diagnostics.office.com/
- Click the Download now button. This will download a file named SetupProd.exe.
- Save the file, and double-click it. This will begin the installation process. You do not require Administrative Access to your computer in order to proceed.
- By default, an icon will be created on your desktop for the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365.
- Open the program and follow the prompts. If you are having trouble with Outlook, choose Outlook, then choose the appropriate option, eg. if you cannot configure your profile in Outlook via the Control Panel, choose the 'I need help setting up my Office 365 email in Outlook' option.
- Since this needs to be done on the affected machine, select Yes, then click Next.
- You will need to enter your UTmail+ email address and password. Click Next.
- The tool will run a number of tests. If there is an issue, it will run troubleshooting steps or ask you to do something particular. In most cases, the tool will be able to set up your Outlook profile.
Microsoft updates this application frequently. Whenever you start the application, it automatically checks for updates and installs them.