Your Shared Mailbox will appear automatically in your list of folders if you are using Outlook 2016 on a Windows machine. To use a shared UTmail+ mailbox on OWA or on Outlook 2016 for Mac, use the following instructions.
If you are the owner, or of if you have been given access by the owner, you can use Outlook Web Access (OWA) to view the shared mailbox.
- Open a web browswer.
- Go to https://mail.utoronto.ca/ and log in.
- In the top right corner, click on your Mailbox name, and select Open another mailbox.
- Type the name of the shared mailbox or the email address and click Open.
- The shared mailbox will open (in Outlook Web Access) in a new browser window.
- From the Tools menu, choose Accounts.
- In the window that opens, select your account and click Advanced.
- Go to the Delegates tab and under People I am a delegate for, click the + sign.
- In the Search field, type the email address you are trying to add. Select it from the list and click Add or OK.
- Click OK to get back to the accounts window and close this window.
- If you see the login screen enter your email address and password. If you see a message about being redirected to the exchange server, check Always use my response for this server and click Allow.
- The shared account will appear in the list of folders below the folders for your personal account.
Please note that all mail sent from this account will be placed in the Sent Items folder for your individual account.Tags: Office 365, UTmail+