If you have been invited to a Skype meeting through UTmail+, you can join either through the web app, or through the Skype desktop app.
Please note: Beginning December 12, 2018, Mac users will have a simplified process for signing into Skype meetings. If you are a Mac user, you will be directed towards the Skype for Business on Mac desktop app instead of the Skype Meetings App. Articles for installing and using the desktop app are available from our main Skype page.
- In order to join the meeting through the desktop app, you will need to install Skype for Business if you haven't already.
- Log in to your UTmail+ account at mail.utoronto.ca. In Calendar view, click on the meeting and click on the Join link. Alternately, you can open the meeting in Outlook and click on the Join Skype Meeting link.
- You will be offered the choice of launching Skype for Business or going through the web app. Choose the Skype for Business desktop app. Depending on the browser you are using, you may see a specific prompt (in Chrome, click Open Skype Meetings App. In Safari or Firefox, click Allow in the security window).
- Skype for Business will launch. Enter your email address and password and click Sign In. You will be taken to the Skype meeting room.
- You can exit the meeting by clicking on the Hang Up icon, or by closing the window.