UTmail+ supports a system of shared mailboxes, which permits multiple users to use a single email address. These accounts are most commonly used for a departmental email account (e.g. email@example.com). If you have an existing UTORexchange shared mailbox, it will be migrated to UTmail+ when your personal UTORexchange account is migrated. Shared mailboxes have one owner, who can then designate other users as reviewers, authors, or editors. In order to access a shared UTmail+ mailbox, you must have already been migrated to UTmail+
Create a Shared Mailbox — New UTmail+ Shared Mailboxes can be requested by departments who have already been migrated.
To create a shared email address or shared mailbox, follow these steps:
- Obtain a letter on departmental letterhead from your organization which includes the desired email address and the name, telephone number and email address of the person responsible for the new email account. The account information will be mailed to the person responsible. If you wish to receive the information via email, please indicate that in the letter.
- Submit the letter to Robarts Library Reader Registration in one of the following ways:
- by email – scan the letter and send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax the letter to 416-971-3131, or
- bring the letter in person to the Reader Registration Desk, Robarts Library, 1st floor on the St. George Campus
Giving Delegate Access to Others
Currently, delegate access must be arranged by sending a request to the Help Desk (email@example.com).
Opening a Shared Mailbox
Note: Your Shared Mailbox will appear automatically in the list of folders for your individual email if you are using Outlook 2016 on a Windows machine.
- Setting up a Shared Mailbox on the native Mail app on your iOS device (iPhone, iPad)
- Setting up a Shared Mailbox on Outlook on your iOS device (iPhone, iPad)