There are 2 ways you can open a Shared Mailbox using OWA:
Open another mailbox
This method will ensure that the default From address and Sent and Deleted items folders that are used are the ones belonging to the Shared Mailbox.
- Log in to your UTmail+ account at mail.utoronto.ca.
- Click on your account name in the top right corner and choose Open another mailbox from the menu that appears.
- Type the name of the mailbox and click Open.
- The Shared Mailbox will open in a separate tab, where you will have access to email and calendars.
Add shared folder
When using this method, sent messages or deleted messages will go into the folders in your individual mailbox. Also, you will need to ensure that you change the From address when composing a message.
- If you prefer to have the Shared Mailbox appear on the left-hand pane in OWA, right-click on your name in the folder tree on the left side. In the menu that appears, click Add shared folder...
- Begin typing in the Shared Mailbox email address and it should come up in the search results field. Click Add. If you have permissions to access this mailbox, it will appear on the left.
Changing the From Address in OWA
The Shared Mailbox address will need to be manually added to the "From" options the first time you send from it. After that, it will regularly appear as one of the “From” options.
- Compose a new email message.
- Click on the three dots icon and select Show From.
- Right-click on the email address in the From field and press Remove.
- Type the Shared Mailbox email address.
- Address and compose email as usual.