If you added a shared mailbox to your Outlook profile, you may experience random performance problems. For example:
- When you view items in the secondary mailbox, new items may not appear or items seem to be missing.
- Items that you had deleted still appear in the secondary mailbox.
- Slow Outlook performance or random hangs
The following methods may resolve these issues. If not, contact the Help Desk.
Method 1: Reduce the number of folders in the shared mailbox
The best solution to this issue is to reduce the number of mail folders in the shared mailbox.
Method 2: Disable caching of all shared folders
- Go to the File tab and choose Account Settings from the Account Settings list.
- In the Account Settings window, double-click your UTmail+ account in the E-mail tab.
- In the Change Account window, click More Settings.
- In the Microsoft Exchange window, click the Advanced tab.
- Uncheck the Download shared folders check box.
- Click OK twice.
- Click Next, Finish, and then Close.
- Restart Outlook.
After you make this change, none of the shared folders in the secondary mailbox will be available to you in Outlook when you are working offline. However, all folders in the primary mailbox will still be available to you when you are working offline.
Note: this article has been adapted from a Microsoft support article on the topic.Tags: Office 365, UTmail+