- Open Outlook and tap the menu icon.
- Tap the settings icon.
- Under Accounts, tap Add Account.
- Tap Add Email Account.
- Enter the email address of the shared mailbox and tap Add Account.
- You will be taken to the Weblogin page. Tap Cancel in the top left corner.
- When you are back in the Add Account screen, tap Setup Account Manually.
- In the next screen, choose IMAP.
- Fill in the following:
Email address: the address for the shared mailbox
Display Name: the name of the shared mailbox
Under IMAP Incoming Mail Server
IMAP Host Name: outlook.office365.com:993
IMAP Username: enter the email address of the account that has access to the shared mailbox, followed by a "\" and then the email address of the shared mailbox itself (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org\email@example.com)
IMAP Password: Enter the password of the mailbox with the permission to access the shared mailbox
Under SMTP Outgoing Mail Server
SMTP Hostname: smtp.office365.com:587
SMTP Username: Enter the email address of the mailbox with the permission to the shared mailbox (e.g. your firstname.lastname@example.org email address)
SMTP Password: Enter the password of the mailbox with the permission to access the shared mailbox
- Tap Next.
- Tap Maybe Later if you do not wish to add another account.
- Swipe through the information screens. You will then be taken to your Inbox.
You can comment this FAQ