- Open Outlook and tap the menu icon.
- Tap the settings icon.
- Under Accounts, tap Add Account.
- Tap Add Email Account.
- Enter the email address of the shared mailbox and tap Add Account.
- You will be taken to the Weblogin page. Tap Not Office 365 in the top right corner.
- Tap on Change Account Provider in the menu that appears
- In the next screen, choose IMAP.
- In the next screen fill in the following after selecting Use Advanced Settings:
Email address: the address for the shared mailbox
Display Name: the name of the shared mailbox
Under IMAP Incoming Mail Server
IMAP Host Name: outlook.office365.com:993
IMAP Username: enter the email address of the account that has access to the shared mailbox, followed by a "\" and then the email address of the shared mailbox itself (e.g. email@example.com\firstname.lastname@example.org)
IMAP Password: Enter the password of the mailbox with the permission to access the shared mailbox
Under SMTP Outgoing Mail Server
SMTP Hostname: smtp.office365.com:587
SMTP Username: Enter the email address of the mailbox with the permission to the shared mailbox (e.g. your email@example.com email address)
SMTP Password: Enter the password of the mailbox with the permission to access the shared mailbox
- Tap Next.
- Tap Maybe Later if you do not wish to add another account.
- Swipe through the information screens. You will then be taken to your Inbox.
You can comment this FAQ