Create a Shared UTmail+ Mailbox (Faculty and staff)
To create a shared email address or shared mailbox, follow these steps:
- Obtain a letter on departmental letterhead from your organization which includes the desired email address and the name, telephone number and email address of the person responsible for the new email account. The account information will be mailed to the person responsible. If you wish to receive the information via email, please indicate that in the letter.
- Submit the letter to Robarts Library Reader Registration in one of the following ways:
You will be given a library number and alternate ID number.
Go to the UTORid Account Management page and click create a Departmental Shared Mailbox (faculty/staff only).
Log in with your UTORid and password.
Enter the library number and alternate ID number provided by Reader Registration. Click Validate.
Following the guidelines provided, create a password for the Shared Mailbox. Click Continue to the set-up for Email.
Enter the preferred email address for the Shared Mailbox and click Check this email name.
Enter a description of the Shared Mailbox, and the UTORid and password of the owner of the Shared Mailbox. Click Check your owner UTORid and password.
Select the level of spam filtering and click Submit. You will see a confirmation screen for your request.
Tags: Office 365, UTmail+
- by email – scan the letter and send it as an attachment to email@example.com
- fax the letter to 416-971-3131, or
- bring the letter in person to the Reader Registration Desk, Robarts Library, 2nd floor on the St. George Campus
You can comment this FAQ