You must first activate your UTORid. If you haven't done this yet, you can find out how from the article UTORid activation.
Make sure you have the following information before you begin:
- Your UTORid and password
- Your UTORmail configuration number
- Your UTORmail incoming server address
- Your UTORmail stmp server address: smtp.utoronto.ca
- Start Outlook. If this is your first time using Outlook, you will be taken through the Startup Wizard. Click Next.
- Choose Do not upgrade. Click Next.
- Select yes to configure an email account and click Next.
- Check the box beside Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Choose Internet E-mail and click Next.
- Type your first and last name in the Your Name field and type your UTORmail address in the E-mail Address field.
- Under Server Information: you should have the following:
Account Type: select IMAP
Incoming mail server: mailboxNN.utcc.utoronto.ca where NN is your configuration number
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.utoronto.ca
- Under Logon Information: you should have the following:
User Name: Your actual UTORid
Password: Leave this empty for now
Remember password: not selected
Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is not selected
- Click More Settings.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Server Port Numbers you should have the following:
Incoming server (IMAP): 993
Use the following type of encrypted connection:, select SSL
Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
Use the following type of encrypted connection: select TLS
NOTE: Outlook may revert back to port 25. Please make sure it is: 587 by entering it again.
- Click OK to close the Internet E-mail Settings window.
- Click Next in the Add New E-mail Account window.
- Click Finish. You may be asked for a login at this point. You can log into your email account or cancel and exit Outlook.