If you have an @mail.utoronto.ca or an @alum.utoronto.ca account, it will be merged with your @utoronto.ca account. If you wish to keep incoming messages to each account separate, you will need to create a rule so that messages sent to your @mail.utoronto.ca account are sorted into another folder.
Please note: this will only sort email coming from sources external to U of T into a separate folder.
Although it's not required, we recommend that this step be completed before your staff account is migrated. These instructions assume you do not have subfolders within your Inbox.
- Log into your UTmail+ account at mail.utoronto.ca.
- Create a new folder and name it Student Email. To do this, click on the plus (+) sign beside your Mailbox name in the list of folders, then type Student Email in the field created.
- Click the Settings icon in the top right corner, then begin typing rules into the search field. When Inbox rules appears below the field, click on it.
- Under inbox rules, click the + sign to create a new rule
- In the next screen, name the rule Student UTmail+.
- Under When the message arrives..., select It was sent or received and then Sent.
- In the field beside It was sent to, insert your cursor and type your @mail.utoronto.ca email address. If you have an @alum.utoronto.ca address, type that in as well. Click Save.
- Under Do all of the following: select Move, copy, or delete and then Move the message to folder.
- Choose the Student Email folder you created in step 1.
- Uncheck the option Stop processing more rules and click OK.
- Click Save and the rule will be active.
- Select all the email in your Inbox and move it to the Student Email folder.
- Remember to check the Student Email folder and manage its content.