If you have your UTORmail account configured as POP3, before removing the account from Apple Mail and adding your UTmail+, we recommend you back up your messages.
- Create a folder for your UTORmail mailbox backup.
- Open Apple Mail.
- Hold down the Control key and click on the folder you wish to back up.
- Select Export Mailbox.
- In the window that opens, select the UTORmail mailbox backup folder you created in Step 1 and click Choose.
- Follow steps 3 to 5 for all the folders you wish to back up. We recommend backing up Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Archive and any On My Mac folders you may have.
- Confirm that there is a .mbox file associated with each folder and that they are located in your UTORmail mailbox backup folder. The filename should look like Folder Name.mbox (i.e. Inbox.mbox). If you see the file name appearing Folder Name.partial.mbox that means that the export has not finished.
Once you have backed up all the folders, you can remove your UTORmail account from Apple Mail and add your UTmail+ account.
After adding your UTmail+ account, you can import your backed-up folders.
- In Apple Mail choose Import Mailboxes from the File menu.
- In the Import window, select to import data from Files in mbox format and click Continue.
- In the Finder window, navigate to your backup folder, hold the Command key and select all of your folder backups. Click Choose.
- A list of the files you have selected should appear. Click Continue.
- Apple Mail will begin importing messages.
- Once importing is complete you can find the backed up mailboxes in the folder named Import. Click Done.
- You can then drag these folders to a location of your choice within Apple Mail.