The Password Reset Tool allows you to reset your UTORid password if you have forgotten it.
You can choose from the following methods:
- SMS text message to a mobile phone
- Message sent to an alternate email address
- In-Person only (if you choose this option, you will need to visit a Help Desk to reset your password)
For the first two methods, a security code will be sent to you which you use to verify your identity on the password reset web page. If you choose In-Person Only you will need to visit a Help Desk.
If you choose either the SMS text message or alternate email address option you may change your account recovery method yourself.
Setting Your Password Reset / Account Management Options
- Go to UTORid Management and select set up your password reset / account management options under Password and Account Management
- Enter your UTORid and password.
- Under Password Reset & Account Management Options fill in the fields for the requested information. To use In-Person Only (Help Desk), you do not need to fill in any of the fields.
- In step 2, select your preferred method. If you choose In-Person Only (Help Desk), you will only be able to reset your password by visiting a Help Desk in person with a valid ID.
- Via SMS - Mobile Phone
- Alternate email
- In-Person Only (Help Desk)
Once you have set up your password recovery options, it can take up to 20 minutes before you can recover your password.